AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does the automated rules attribute "Conv. value/cost" work correctly with Display Network ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have an automated rule that lowers the default CPC of every ad group that has a conversion value over cost of less than 4. One of my Display Network ad groups turned a pretty profit yesterday. The conversion value over cost was about 20. However, it was captured by my rule, which lowered the default CPC anyway. The rule works correctly on search network ad groups, so I'm wondering if this is a failing on display network ad groups only. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does the automated rules attribute "Conv. value/cost" work correctly with Display Netw

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Was the data window, in fact, set to yesterday?

Re: Does the automated rules attribute "Conv. value/cost" work correctly with Display Netw

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Good question. That might be it. The automated rule is set to run on the previous day's data. I think I've read that the Display Network metrics are not updated as timely as the Search Network... that sound right to you?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author e-Phil
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Phil,

Positive, there is some lagging which explains what you experienced. It would seem reasonable to allow for some time between implementation date and the end date of the data window.

Thank you for the query!

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Lakatos,

How can I be a contributor? I have been doing Adwords for 8 years.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor