AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does the advertiser pay for the "Social" (+1 Annotation) clicks?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I read from SEOMoz that the social extension increases CTR.. but i wanted to ask, if a user clicks on the link to the Google + page for the business, does the advertiser pay for that click?

Obviously, no advertiser (in his right mind) would drive traffic (esp. if they cost $3+ CPC) to Google+ page...

I have not yet been able to get the social extensions to...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I have not yet been able to get the social extensions to work, but assuming they are like other ad extensions, you are charged for clicks on the ad extensions.

You could/should have a link to the website on the G+ page/profile, to connect the interest cycle with the user. Then it becomes an attribution issue. How does the last click attribution work and track the user in that case?

Maybe landing ad extensions anywhere other than the site doesn't work for you, but it may for others.

Tom

Re: Does the advertiser pay for the "Social" (+1 Annotation)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
taewoo, the value of the social extension is that more 'like's or '+1's can approve that my landing page is more compelling

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You are charged for standard clicks on your text ads when someone clicks the ad to visit your site. You won't be charged when a person clicks a +1 button or a link to your Google+ page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
can someone from Google verify this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You can find this information here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en. Scroll down to "How social annotations work with AdWords features" and look under Pricing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Show ads with your Google+ page endorsements - AdWords Help.jpg