AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does removing a campaign affect the QS of KW of enabled campaigns ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there !

I have many campaigns in my account which were paused or removed. I make new strategies from time to time and add new campaigns in my account to try out relevant keywords to study the traffic. A colleague of mine said that if I use too many campaigns and later pause or remove it, then the quality score of keywords in my existing campaign will go down. Is it true ?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does removing a campaign affect the QS of KW of enabled campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lokesh,

This is not true.

Some industries like E-commerce/Shopping have thousands of products and to market those products they require to create many targeted/tightly themed campaigns. And during the optimization process, we all pause, remove some campaigns/ad groups which is quite normal. And paused/removed campaigns can not affect the quality score of keywords in other campaigns.

Regards,
Ashish

Re: Does removing a campaign affect the QS of KW of enabled campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Past performance history does affect, however, its contribution to the QS diminishes over time. So if those campaigns were paused months ago - they don't contribute anymore to the QS component of "performance history")

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’