AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does "in China" keyword work as well to target foreigners in China?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, IBB team here from Shanghai China.

Our Customers are foreign companies in located in China or having branches in China. My question is what sort of location should I use? At the moment, we use All territories, because if you are located in China and use google, most probably you are on VPN and IP location can be anywhere. So choosing China as ad location doesn't make sense, because if your IP is in China google will be blocked.

I wonder if by adding keywords "in China" to every single keyword would work as well. Some keywords with "in China" are eligible, but others seem no to be eligible: low search volume even though they should be according to Market Samurai.

Any advice on keyword or location strategy in this case?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does "in China" keyword work as well to target foreigners in China?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Though Google is banned in China, still you can try opting search partners from the campaign settings.

Also, adding keywords with country/City name will be an advantage in this case. People who are not physically located in China will search using China/specific city within the search query.

Also, make you Location option(advanced) setting as :
Target: "People in, searching for or who show interest in my targeted location"

For the keywords which are low search volume:

Use those keywords in some loose keyword match type(modified Broad) and avoid using long tail keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Does "in China" keyword work as well to target foreigners in China?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Tadas P

This is a very nice question... Smiley Happy

My view, the answer would be yes. The system is sophisticated enough to recognize the intent of the query about a geographic location. (E.g in China, in Shangai,.... etc.) 

Note: if you target large Geo areas in China you do not need to add those locations (also) as part of  / within the keyword.  By choosing  them  in the Geo location settings, the system will also recognize them if the area targeted by intent. (Assuming that the default advanced targeting option in chosen - i.e. People in my targeted area and people searching about....))

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’