AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does pausing an ad group affect the running ad groups performance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Currently I'm running 2 ad campaigns. 1 campaign is targeting the city chennai & It contains 1 ad group. Another one campaign is targeting the state Tamilnadu & it contains 2 adgroups.

Chennai ad group's performance was well. One of a Ad group in tamilnadu campaign was not getting sufficient clicks and the search volume for the keywords is low as well. Its avereage CPC was about INR.7.00. Suddenly it increased to INR.11.0 for both 2 campaigns. So I have paused these 2 adgoups in tamilnadu campaigns.

But chennai campaign got increased the CPC as well.

What might be the reason? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

So you are wondering how CPC could increase if you didn't raise the bids? There are two possibilities:

Your Quality Score dropped (this includes click-through-rate). Lower QS generally equals higher CPC or lower ad position.

A competitor who have an ad below yours raised their bid.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @RobSkelton. But I have 4 keywords per adgroup. Every keywords CPC has been increased. Quality score has no change. I think my competitor may not involved with all my target keywords. What is your thought? 

Is there any possibility to find the bid changes for my keywords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

Just want to add my inputs.

Arul yes there may be other competitors too, perhaps they put higher bid compare yours.

You should change your keywords bid strategy, keywords type also can help DKI and dynamic ads.

Also check LP relevancy with your keywords and update negative keywords on regular basis. Hope this will help you.

With Regards,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arul,

As per above discussion all I want to say you please check auction insights report. There you will surely get an idea what exactly is the reason increase in CPC. While downloading auction insight report set the longer date range to get clear picture (can take last 30 days). Than segment the data according to week wise to check impression share. You must find drop in your impression share if competition has increased.

Thanks

Pankaj S.