AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does other ads in auction impacts our keyword QS & performance?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Does other ads in auction impacts our Keywords QS? And if yes, Then consider a scenario where I searched for a keyword and found 0 ads running. For that keyword, I started running ad, suddenly other ads starts showing along with my ad on that keyword. Does this will impact by QS? Campaign performance? cost? and other things?.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does other ads in auction impacts our keyword QS & perform

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I am  not sure I fully understand the question, but in a  given auction, only one keyword can trigger the ad;

So, among all keywords, which can be matched to a search term, only one is chosen to trigger the ad. (Usually this would be the keyword with the highest ad-rank)

Watch the video;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

From this text "I started running ad, suddenly other ads starts showing along with my ad on that keyword" I think you are referring to competititor Ads not multiple instances of your own ads from different ad groups, and you are asking if competition can influence your keyword QS .

"Does other ads in auction impacts our keyword QS" I think yes they can since your CTR influences QS (lower CTR for a keyword = lower QS) , and competition will "steal clicks " from searches, leaving you with less clicks for the same amount of impressions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah I am referring to other advertisers ads. Thanks for the reply.. Dear..

Hey Adrian. I have one more question, Is it possible that keyword of one ad-group could trigger ad from another ad-group or campaign within the same account?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok, is it possible that keyword from one ad-group could trigger Ad from another Adgroup. Hmmm?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is possible, as MosheTLV has mentioned , if it has a higher Ad Rank ( higher QS, higher bid) .

You can check this through the Tools menu, option "Ad Preview and diagnosis" , enter a search term and see which keyword triggers it.

Also you can use the "Details>>Keyword diagnosis" button , from the keywords tab, to see if certain keywords have this problem and not trigger ads because conflicting with other keywords .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Adrian,

So it is possible for a keyword of Ad-group A to trigger Ad from Ad-group B right? If it has high Ad-rank and QS. Does placing a high bid will give the same result or situation?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No , No, it is possible for a search term to match 2 keywords from 2 ad groups, but it will trigger only 1 keyword and an Ad from its ad group.

For example "keyword A" can trigger an Ad from "Ad Group A" or "keyword B" cand trigger an Ad from "Ad Group B", depending on which one from the 2 keywords has a higher ad rank.

The difference here is in terminology. The search term is what the user types, while the keyword is what you have in your account. A single search term can match multiple keywords in your account.

For example a search for

blue widget price

can either match a phrase keyword "blue widget" or another phrase keyword "blue widget price"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Adrian, I got your point.

But What I wanna know is that - Does keyword of one Ad-group can trigger an Ad from another Adgroup? That's what I wanna know?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No , a keyword from an ad group , if it matches a search term and has enough ad rank, can display only an ad from it's own ad group.

In a Search network ad group, you can use from the Ads tab the button "Segment">>option Keyword/Placement,  to see under each text Ad which keyword from its ad group generated clicks .