AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does first page bid estimate only applies to Exact Macth keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

first page bid estimates is defined by fundamentals manual as:

"When the search query exactly matches your keyword"

Does this means that it only applies to [Exact Match] or is this just a misunderstanding and it applies equally to "phrase", [Exact]. Broad and +Modified Broad match?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does first page bid estimate only applies to Exact Macth keywords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It is applicable to all the match type. 

This link might help you more https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/105665?hl=en

Re: Does first page bid estimate only applies to Exact Macth keywords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

As an addemdum to @sauravchoudhury I would just like to add that you should take all these things with a pinch of salt. 

Bearing in mind that an estimate is just an estimate, and even though it's based on numerous scientific factors, it will never be accurate to your individual circumstance.

In fact, I have often seen first page bid estimates, or top of page bid estimates, which are significantly different to what I am achieving in actuality. e.g. First page bid estimate = £1.00, vs. My current bid of £0.70 with an Avg. CPC of £0.56 for pos. 2.0.*

*those numbers are completely made up to demonstrate a theoretical point.

The net result of what I'm trying to say is, use these estimates as a guide sometimes, but don't rely on them or expect your own actual performance to match the estimates exactly. And don't assume the estimates are correct and follow them blindly - set your optimisation according to your stats as well as Google's estimates.

Good luck

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+