AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does device preference for mobile ads still exist?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do as it's indicated on this link but it seems that we can't choose anymore a particular ad which will be shown instead of another one.

If I don't want to create a specific mobile campaign, would If functions be the best solution then?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grég D
June

Re: Does device preference for mobile ads still exist?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Grég D,

It's a good question.

The release of expanded text ads made the "Mobile Device Preference" obsolete due to these ads already being mobile-optimised. To take a relevant paragraph from this article:

Now that expanded text ads are mobile-optimised, you no longer have to select the mobile device setting when creating or editing a text ad. In fact, a preview of your ad in both desktop and mobile format is generated for you while you’re creating your expanded text ad. Your expanded text ads can still serve on mobile devices, even if you have mobile-optimised text ads in the same ad group.

You've found a nice workaround though, the IF functions should cater for what you need!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grég D
June

Re: Does device preference for mobile ads still exist?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Grég D,

It's a good question.

The release of expanded text ads made the "Mobile Device Preference" obsolete due to these ads already being mobile-optimised. To take a relevant paragraph from this article:

Now that expanded text ads are mobile-optimised, you no longer have to select the mobile device setting when creating or editing a text ad. In fact, a preview of your ad in both desktop and mobile format is generated for you while you’re creating your expanded text ad. Your expanded text ads can still serve on mobile devices, even if you have mobile-optimised text ads in the same ad group.

You've found a nice workaround though, the IF functions should cater for what you need!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.