AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does changing my maximum cpc because of seasonal business make my average cpc go up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does changing my maximum cpc because of seasonal business make my average cpc go up?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, It can be.
Changing your Maximum CPC may affect your avg. Cpc for s short period. Its not necessary that it affect only because of seasonal business.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Does changing my maximum cpc because of seasonal business make my average cpc go up?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi kp51, further to Anil's reply, it will depend upon your average position and the "potential" available within your campaign.

Let's say your previous Max. CPC was $1 and, given the Quality Score of your keywords and other factors, your Ads had an average position of #4.  If you increase your Max CPC - and change nothing else - Adwords will (probably) be able to bid more to place your Ad in a higher position so you will see an increase in average CPC.

It's worthwhile checking your conversion rates and CTRs (click-through-rates) for your keywords before and after the change to make sure the increase in Max CPC is worthwhile.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits