AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does anyone know how Google avoids click fraud for your CPC?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I know or can be guaranteed that the clicks I get on my ads are real people, real clicks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does anyone know how Google avoids click fraud for your CPC?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emily L,

We don't really know specifics of how they detect click fraud. If they released that information it would probably only help the fraud clickers, not the advertisers.

Google looks for "suspicious activity". This does not seem to be limited to multiple clicks from the same person within a short period of time. You can see what you've been credited for "invalid clicks" on the billing tab. You can also add that as a column on the Campaigns tab. Unfortunately, we can not get that data for AdGroups or keywords.

They do pretty well at catching this kind of stuff. If you suspect click fraud, you can always look through your log files for evidence and present that to Google and request credit for those clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

petebardo is saying right, we can't track the real source of invalid click. We can get the total no. of clicks and Adwords will get back your money spend on invalid clicks.

Invalid clicks tracking is Adwords automatic functionality, Google will not show the actual source of that invalid clicks not even for request also.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Emily,

In addition to above valuable comments, I would like to add that there is nothing which is guaranteed in any of the advertising platform.

Google has a strong set of tools and techniques which it uses to measure the quality of a click whenever an ad is clicked. On top of it, if ever Google finds that there has been any suspicious activity and invalid clicks have occurred, the amount is credited back to the customer's account.

I would encourage you to read the below mentioned article on Google's protection against invalid clicks. This will give you more confidence on Adwords system and help you in advertising:

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

My 2 cents!

Pankaj