AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does anybody know which Mobile Devices convert the best?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anybody know of any articles or studies that show which mobile devices convert the best? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does anybody know which Mobile Devices convert the best?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shaun, and welcome to the Community.  I don't know of any, and I suspect that even if you could find some they'd be of limited use.  AdWords is really far too variable for such a study to be reasonably applicable to any given market or product.  While I'd be happy to consider that the ownership of different makes/models/styles of mobiles might indicate some demographic tendancy, which in turn might indicate some leaning towards one product or another, I doubt the results would be conclusive.

Even if they were, I think you'd still want to test all models against your own Campaigns so in reality you may as well do this in the first place and then react to your own results rather than starting from an assumed position which may in fact be invalid for you.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

To follow with Jon;

I do not thick it is either driven by device or by a an OS. I think, apart from all the basic AdWords conversion factors it is users' behavior and marketing trend trends. So, you would rather look into demographic segmentation than into device segmentation.

If you did find that iPhone user convert more; that would probably be because in this specific region there are more iPhones than Androids among users who are  25- 35 yo (or something similar....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The only wisdom I can impart on this is that I worked client side for a large, national clothing retailer in the ecommerce team for a couple of years, and during this time I noted the Average Transaction Value from Tablets was always significantly higher than mobile or desktop.

This was never due to anything deliberate that we were doing, but it was a continual fact that we never fully understood.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
IOS (iPhones) Once had higher average order values, because more affluent people owned iPhones, so they would spend more. However, with extremely rapid smartphone adoption and lower phone prices, that is no longer true.

I would advertise on all mobile types and measure it yourself. It really can be a case-by-case basis. Be sure to view your website on multiple devices to make sure the user has the same experience. Some phones may render differently - which could impact conversion.

Like many things in marketing, a tactic cannot be exactly transferred from one business to the next. Your site and your customer base is different and unique. I suggest testing and measuring to get your answer.