AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does a paused versus a deleted keyword have different effects on Quality Score?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have low Quality Score Keywords in the account, will deleting the keyword have a different effect on overall account/campaign/ad group Quality Score going forward than just pausing the keyword, or is there no difference since both paused and deleted do not generate any further data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In terms of campaign history performances, and its residual effect on QS,  that doesn't matter. The effect of  paused  or deleted decreases over time. 

[Edited for clarification]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure I quite follow you.  You said "the effect of paused vs deleted decreases over time" this seems to infer to me there is a difference if you take an active keyword with poor QS and delete it versus pause it, or did I misread your statement?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I re-phrased. It does not matter.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’