AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does a paused versus a deleted keyword have different effects on Quality Score?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have low Quality Score Keywords in the account, will deleting the keyword have a different effect on overall account/campaign/ad group Quality Score going forward than just pausing the keyword, or is there no difference since both paused and deleted do not generate any further data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In terms of campaign history performances, and its residual effect on QS,  that doesn't matter. The effect of  paused  or deleted decreases over time. 

[Edited for clarification]

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure I quite follow you.  You said "the effect of paused vs deleted decreases over time" this seems to infer to me there is a difference if you take an active keyword with poor QS and delete it versus pause it, or did I misread your statement?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I re-phrased. It does not matter.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’