AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Search VOlume matters to CTR, Cost & QS?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does Search Volume and Suggested Bid impacts Keyword Performance and Quality & CTR?. If yes, plz explain how? Also please tel me what should be the best bidding method. I mean to say what should be the best way to bid - how to judge bid for a keyword, which amount to bid for a particular keyword.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Search VOlume matters to CTR, Cost & QS?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the AdWords community Smiley Happy Search volumes and bid does not impact on quality score. But yes the bid impacts on CTR( not directly). Increasing the bids tends to improve ad rank, that helps you to improve CTR.
But it's a difficult to say that increasing the bids improves campaign performance.

Before finding the answer of this question you need to know the KPI of the campaigns. Your bidding should be based on advertising objective so that you reap a better and profitable results.

See and analyse at what positions you are able to make a profit.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Rakesh,

Thankx for the reply. I wanna know that does suggested bid and SEMRUSH bid for keyword matters? Ex. I have keyword say "black dress for women" as follow

Keyword Search Volume Suggested Bid SEMRUSH CPC
black dress for women 1200 $1.21 $1.76

After 2 months the same keywords have different metrics as follow

black dress for women 1200 $1.90 $1.76

And again after 2 months keyword as follows

black dress for women 1200 $1.90 $2.76

What does this mean? HOw much does it impacts Keyword bid & QS & Profit?

Also I want to know how to judge competition in Adwords? Like in SEO we judge my number of results in SERP. Tel me how to judge competition in PPC?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
HI Chris,

What you are seeing in your SEM Rush suggestions is the changing scenario on the SERP. These are normal fluctuations that are bound to occur when you are running and SEM campaign. If your keyword is somewhat of a generic keyword then then you can see some wild fluctuations over the months.

If you don't mind me asking, do you rely only on SEM Rush data? or do you also look into the Keyword planner? or the AdWords suggestions section on the interface?

The reason why I am asking this is because it is convenient or hassle free to use third party tools for such exercises, I would suggest you use the AdWords tools like the planner or the suggestions section to get a much better understanding or approximation of the expected CPC's for your keywords.

The best way to understand the required CPC's would be to run the keywords in an AdWords account and then keep optimizing them depending on their performance over time. While this can be a tedious & manual job, it can help you understand the overall trends that you can expect to see for your keywords.

Lastly, to understand competition in SEM, you can look into the 'Impression Share' reports like 'IS lost due to Rank' & 'IS lost due to Budget'. Both these reports tell you how much of the impression share you own through AdWords and the amount you are losing out on due to either lower rank or limited budgets.

Here is link that can help you understand this better: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Other than this, you can also look into the 'Auction Insight Reports' for your keywords on the SERP. This report tells you the competition for a particular or a groups of keywords. It will give you a complete list of competitors whose ads show up with yours on the SERP, along with a range of statistics that help you understand your position against them and vice versa.

Here is a link to the same: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Do give the links a read and try and draw inferences from it for your keywords and themes. If you face difficulty in any of these reports, do reach out to us here.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

This is AdWords official Platform, so we look only on AdWords official tools, we never focus on any third party tool. We would suggest you to use Keyword Planner data.

In order to analyse the Competition, you can look into Competition tabs in Keywords Planner and use the statistics to judge the competitions and other trends with the keyword Planner.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?ctx=tltp
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’