AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does SEM campaign affect Display campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I had 2 campaigns running (sem and display). I paused the sem campaign yesterday and the display ad clics dropped from 600 to 10 per day. Is the display campaign affected by pasuing the sem campaign?

If I paused the display campaign for 12 hours, would that affect the clic rate after i activated it again?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does SEM campaign affect Display campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi starcom and welcome to the forum.  While there is a small possibility that one campaign could affect another as part of the overall account performance, it would only be a very small effect (and is equally likely to be a positive one, as a negative one), nowhere near a drop from 600 to 10 clicks per day.  I think you'll need to look for another cause.

It's honestly very hard to guess what this cause might be without more details or a view of your account.  Could it be seasonal?  Related to Thanksgiving?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi starcom and welcome to the forum.  While there is a small possibility that one campaign could affect another as part of the overall account performance, it would only be a very small effect (and is equally likely to be a positive one, as a negative one), nowhere near a drop from 600 to 10 clicks per day.  I think you'll need to look for another cause.

It's honestly very hard to guess what this cause might be without more details or a view of your account.  Could it be seasonal?  Related to Thanksgiving?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

600 to 10 good lord 

From what i know display campaing helps increasing brand term searches in the long term. But i have never seen such a massive impact especially in 12 hrs.

1. Are you sure your search clicks have dropped from 600 to 10?

2 If yes are you sure you have paused only display?

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog