AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Optimizing For Conversions Work with Phone Call Converions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I've been collecting a good amount of conversion data for my campaigns, and would like to now switch to optimizing for conversions.

A conversion is counted as a phone call I receive. Call tracking is done by a third party via GA and then reported back to Adwords. I'm wondering if it is worth to change the bidding strategy from manual bidding to optimizing for conversions?

I know Adwords knows how to do this well for online conversions, but I'm wondering if anyone had a good experience with optimizing for phone calls in a similar manner to online conversions?

Thanks,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Optimizing For Conversions Work with Phone Call Converions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David;
As long as the conversations are imported into AdWords through AdWords conversions (online and offline) or GA conversions -  this should work. (The offline conversions will be added to the online conversion data and will be taken into consideration  when optimizing for conversions.)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the answer. Have you had good personal experience with letting Adwords optimize for phone call conversions in the past?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@David L;

I like to set and control the bids myself. I don't use to the optimizer.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’