AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Optimizing For Conversions Work with Phone Call Converions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I've been collecting a good amount of conversion data for my campaigns, and would like to now switch to optimizing for conversions.

A conversion is counted as a phone call I receive. Call tracking is done by a third party via GA and then reported back to Adwords. I'm wondering if it is worth to change the bidding strategy from manual bidding to optimizing for conversions?

I know Adwords knows how to do this well for online conversions, but I'm wondering if anyone had a good experience with optimizing for phone calls in a similar manner to online conversions?

Thanks,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Optimizing For Conversions Work with Phone Call Converions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David;
As long as the conversations are imported into AdWords through AdWords conversions (online and offline) or GA conversions -  this should work. (The offline conversions will be added to the online conversion data and will be taken into consideration  when optimizing for conversions.)

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks for the answer. Have you had good personal experience with letting Adwords optimize for phone call conversions in the past?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@David L;

I like to set and control the bids myself. I don't use to the optimizer.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’