Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google ever show 6 sitelinks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I've seen 6 site-links for brand terms, however will google ever show 6 site-links for non brand search terms? and if never, is it worth having 6 site-links total for all campaigns/ad groups?  Also is there a way for telling is how often site-links show up? 

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Calum D
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

1) I've never seen six outside of a brand situation.  That doesn't mean it can't happen.  Because we see it in brand, that most likely means it's relative to QS and AdRank.  Generally brand is where a huge gap can exist.  Less likely to exist in non-brand.

2) Sure it's worth it because you're letting Google test which combinations work best in respects to getting someone to click on your ad.

3) Yes. When you click into the ad extensions tab you'll see data related to how often each has appeared, and the CTR for the overall ad when the sitelink was present.  FYI it is not reporting actual clicks on the site link.  You can segment by click type to see that data. You can use that segment to find useful info in respect to your second question.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Calum D
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

1) I've never seen six outside of a brand situation.  That doesn't mean it can't happen.  Because we see it in brand, that most likely means it's relative to QS and AdRank.  Generally brand is where a huge gap can exist.  Less likely to exist in non-brand.

2) Sure it's worth it because you're letting Google test which combinations work best in respects to getting someone to click on your ad.

3) Yes. When you click into the ad extensions tab you'll see data related to how often each has appeared, and the CTR for the overall ad when the sitelink was present.  FYI it is not reporting actual clicks on the site link.  You can segment by click type to see that data. You can use that segment to find useful info in respect to your second question.