AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google AdWords care about SEO features in a site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the process of developing a site to market our services and will be using Google AdWords to get people to our site.  My question is, do I have to optimize my web site's content for SEO to place higher or more frequent in the Sponsored Results?   Or is placement simply a result of my AdWords campaign configuration and content (meta tags, etc) ignored?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Does Google AdWords care about SEO features in a site?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

To a certain extent the quality of your landing page plays a role in the quality score for your keywords. It is to your advantage to emplue SEO tactics on your landing page. Use heading tags. Make sure your content is within a block tag. Make use of the alt attribute for images and title attribut for links. Don't bother with keywords meta tag, but do place a description meta tag on your pages.

Optimizing for SEO is never a bad idea.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Mike,

Pete's given you some good advice. It will help create higher landing page relevancy when you do it correctly and why wouldn't you want to get your landing pages ranked organically anyway?

There is quite a lot of crossover in terms of organic SEO and landing page optimization.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello mikesmedley,

I will not go into much details of SEO here, but will certainly point you towards this informative help center article which explains in general how your landing page should be and what basic features should be there so that the Quality of your landing page is high and relevant to what users are actually looking for.

Just a thought!

Pankaj