Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Conversion Optimizer Really Works?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I have a campaign which is eligible for conversion optimizer. 1 month before i have opted in with conversion optimizer to my campaign of target CPA that was recommended. Before opting in to conversion optimizer i used to get minimum 50 conversions per month but now im getting only 20 conversions per month. 

My question is that does conversion optimizer really works to get more conversions if it is what pratices should i take to improve my campaign?

Please give me some suggestions regarding this..

Thanks

Hema

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Does Conversion Optimizer Really Works?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Hema,

In addition to Anchal's reponse,

Here are some of my inputs & personal experince with conversion optimizer:

First thing, It works well if you have good conversion history such as Decent amount of conversions at good cpa + good coversion rate (%). 

It is often advisable to use Recommended Max CPA to make most out of the CPA bidding, but it is not necessary always. Sometimes, I prefer to dig in to last few days/months stats and decide Max CPA bidding to start with & sometimes I prefer to Start with recommended Targeted CPA by Google Adwords system and then make changes to Adgroup bids according to previous performance.

You just can not rely on conversion optimizer completly, Initially you need to check stats on the daily basis impressions, clicks, Avg. Position etc. have not be declined. According to stats you need to make changes to Adgroup CPA bidding.

Conversion Optimizer generally takes a week or so to work well.

Recommended Reading : Getting Started with CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) Bidding By ScottyD Top Contributor.

One Example i would like to mention here:

Suppose before implementing CPA bidding you were getting converion @ $50 for few adgroups in your campaign. And after implementing CPA bidding you have set your Adgroup Default Max CPA: $35.75.

Now in this case there is a possiblity to see drop in stats. I would recommend you analyse the performence and change Adgroup default CPA bidding as per the previous performence.

Just a Thought! Hope it helps you some way.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Hema,

In addition to Anchal's reponse,

Here are some of my inputs & personal experince with conversion optimizer:

First thing, It works well if you have good conversion history such as Decent amount of conversions at good cpa + good coversion rate (%). 

It is often advisable to use Recommended Max CPA to make most out of the CPA bidding, but it is not necessary always. Sometimes, I prefer to dig in to last few days/months stats and decide Max CPA bidding to start with & sometimes I prefer to Start with recommended Targeted CPA by Google Adwords system and then make changes to Adgroup bids according to previous performance.

You just can not rely on conversion optimizer completly, Initially you need to check stats on the daily basis impressions, clicks, Avg. Position etc. have not be declined. According to stats you need to make changes to Adgroup CPA bidding.

Conversion Optimizer generally takes a week or so to work well.

Recommended Reading : Getting Started with CPA (Cost Per Acquisition) Bidding By ScottyD Top Contributor.

One Example i would like to mention here:

Suppose before implementing CPA bidding you were getting converion @ $50 for few adgroups in your campaign. And after implementing CPA bidding you have set your Adgroup Default Max CPA: $35.75.

Now in this case there is a possiblity to see drop in stats. I would recommend you analyse the performence and change Adgroup default CPA bidding as per the previous performence.

Just a Thought! Hope it helps you some way.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi  Anchal

Thank you so much this was very useful one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

Thank you very much. This was really useful one. Now i got some idea regarding Conversion Optimizer through explanation that you have given.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Hema,

I have had mixed results from using conversion optimizer. 

1.) As has been pointed out in Google help and by Neha, it will work if you have a stable campaign in which not many ad groups and keywords have been added or not many CPC changes have been done in last 1 month.

For old campaigns, in which you have tweaked a lot in last one month, it may give horrid results.

2.) If you have made ad sheduling changes more than once in past one month in a campaign, I wouldn't be confident in using CO (as it goes to basic ad sheduling and then Google uses its judgement on day parting which may be cloudy because of recent day parting changes)

Thanks

Warm Regards
Byomkesh Kumar (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=82153512)