AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Adwords really help or waste of money?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't feel that Adwords really work at all. Anyone out there have a better luck doing it?  I have been paying $100 a month with Google Words but the return is not worth doing it at all?  Our prices are too cheap compares to our competitors like Uline.com Check us out at www.startradings.com

Thanks you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Does Adwords really help or waste of money?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Though I'm repeating myself (see this thread please: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results-optimize-ROI-CTR/Which-Google-AdWords-featur...), I'll post a fragment here as well.

The question, on that thread, was which features brought us (advertisers) success with AdWords. And I really felt I should start with this:

Understanding that AdWords is neither easy nor plain, and that without serious work, study, attention to details, one cannot be (too) successful. Managing successful AdWords accounts is a job in itself (be it part-time), a profession. It may be the second or the third job, but it is not, by any means, something you can do on and off, whenever you feel you have some time to spare, and postponing it whenever you have other, more important things to do. Translation: if you want results, prepare for hard, intelligent and, above all, constant work.

So the answer to your questions may be: if you're prepared to work hard, first in order to understand how AdWords works, in detail, and then to test and improve constantly, then yes, by all means, it's a tremendously effective marketing tool.

If, however, you cannot, or will not put enough effort into it, then it is definitely a waste of time, and money.

But since you're already here, give us more clues as to what you did, how your account looks, etc., and who knows, we might just be able to help.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Yes, sometimes the beginning may be a tough - but we are here to help you out. 

Like Calin said, let us know a bit more about your business and we will help you figure out what's going wrong and how you can course-correct. 

Let us know - we are here to help.

Best,

Mnii

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Try to refine you keywords list as I can't see your ads when searching 4-8" Stock Boxes but you do have a good Organic result and that's some thing you are missing a potential clicks on AdWords Ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also have the same question.I am doing network-marketing and wondering if it can work for me or its suitable for established businesses.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
could you suggest some way to increase my audience.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Add audiences (interests and remarketing lists) to an ad group.

You'll first need to create a campaign that includes the Google Display Network. Remember to select "Display Network only" as the campaign type when you create your campaign.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!