1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Adwords guarantee real clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am worried that competitors or other organisations can have services like www.waoindia.com click on ads, hence eating up our budget and raising our bounce rate?

Is there any proof that google does not allow this to happen?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does Adwords guarantee real clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

The system filters automatically invalid /illegal clicks, and your account  is credited. If still,  you find that not all invalid clicks are filtered, you could file  a complaint.

Read more about invalid clicks, and how Google identifies invalid clicks on the following link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

.Re: Does Adwords guarantee real clicks?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google I agree with Moshe AdWords automatically filters the invalid clicks and the system will examine each and everyting to remove the clicks which are not belong to you Smiley Happy.If you still have the doubt about the clicks you can request to a investigation,please follow the link

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html

Re: Does Adwords guarantee real clicks?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick, in my opinion the risk of malicious click activity is vastly overplayed by stories you'll read across the Net.  I've been managing Accounts for over 10 years and while I have seen invalid click activity, I've never seen it have an effect on an Account.  As Moshe has said, Google has very sophisticated algorithms to detect such invalid activity as it's clearly in their own interests for AdWords customers to trust the system.  Most invalid clicks are filtered out before they're even reported in your Account, others are removed as patterns emerge (I've many times seen click counts reduce over time for specific Keywords).  Those that cannot be caught in this way are refunded and it's true this can lead to daily budget being depleted, but I've never seen this happen to an extent that affected performance.

The most frequent claims of "invalid clicking" usually turn out to be a misunderstanding of statistics and/or how AdWords works.  For example, we often see people worry about multiple clicks from the same IP address, while this is actually quite a common activity from legitimate shoppers.  Most people looking to buy a product or service will comparison shop and this may involve clicking your Ad more than once as they browse.  The proof that this is not "invalid" activity is that data is visible showing these multiple click paths lead eventually to a sale, and, of course, an understanding of how people behave.  Other advertisers insist they're receiving invalid clicks because they've had no sales, when a frank examination of their Account and website reveals the problem lies in their setup and presentation.

If you are seeing poor performance, your best approach would be to examine your own setup from Keyword to checkout page, or better yet, appoint a third party auditor to do it on your behalf, rather than dive directly into the idea that your clicks are malicious.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits