AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does Adprivew is the best option to cross check the Ad pogitin?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

Does the Ad preview tool is the best option to cross check the ads ranks, Because  generally when i am checking my ads on google directly its showing on the 3rd to 4 th position but when i am reviewing it from the ad preview tools it showing on the top 1st position and in the adwords dashboard reports it showing (Avg. position 1.6) and the quality score of the keywords is 7 So my question is why the google showing these discrepancy in these three diagnosis

Thanks & regard,

Rishi       

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Re: Does Adprivew is the best option to cross check the Ad pogitin?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rishi,

You should not check your ads in the Google Search directly, it is not a best practice. You can preview your ads in the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tools. 

The Ad Rank and Quality Score of your ads are calculated each time when the user enter the search term and your ad is eligible to show on the search results page. Based on that Ad Rank and QS Ads are Ranked. So, each time when you search, it may appear in different positions. 

Here is how Adwords Calculates the Average Position of Your Ads- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14075?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,
Thank you for the reply, But generally i observe that if we search in different browser its also showing different ad ranks. Like when i am searching on different browser its showing different ad rank in Mozilla and Crome. Does Browser also make the effect on the ad ranks.

Thanks & regard,
Rishi Acharya

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

All 3 of those that you mentioned are distinctly different in what you can see and what they tell you. The ad preview and diagnostic tool will show you what your ad looks without any informational bias based on the user searching. The actual google results will be altered to each user dependant on your bidding structure.

For example. If you have CPA bidding in place, the preview tool will show you your ad without taking into consideration your browsing habits and previous searches. Whereas if you searched for that same keyword on the SERP you may see it lower than the preview tool. This is the case because you may have been testing your terms on the search page without ever converting and so you will be tagged as less likely to convert and thus adwords will spend less on getting that keyword to the top for you. The same applies for CPC bidding if you are not clicking on the ads.

With regards to average position this number is susceptible to all the flaws of statistical averages. Consider your ad has been shown 6 times, twice in pos 2 and 4 times in pos 4. This would give you an average of 3. So we would assume that your ad is on average showing above the SERP, when in fact it is on the right the majority of the time (assuming 1-3 is always on top). The averages can skew the true results in other ways. Consider that the competition is high for half the day and low for the other half. So you either show in pos 1 or 7, what would the average tell you then? I would suggest coupling the average with top vs other to get a better understanding of what is going on.

Hope this helps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Welcome Rishi Smiley Happy

Does Browser also make the effect on the ad ranks ?

No

As I already mentioned that Quality Score is calculated each time when your ad is eligible to show and based on that Quality Score your ad will be given certain Rank. It is not depended on browsers.

I hope this helps you ..!