AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does AdWords Remember Bids and Data for Target CPA Ad Groups After Pausing Them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I'm running an account, and like how the target cpa bidding is going, but then my business needs to pause that advertising, does Google pick up where it left off in the Target CPA bidding?

How much knowledge does the smart bidding system remember?

Or does it operate 100% based on information from the last 30 days?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Does AdWords Remember Bids and Data for Target CPA Ad Groups After Pausing Them?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Punreal,

No, the conditions will get changed.

In case your current conversion count is not fulfilling the Target CPA criteria then your bidding might get status as learning where you will not get the desired ROI. 

So better to first switch to other bidding strategy till you fulfill the Target CPA criteria.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a statistical algorithm. The more conversions you have, the more reliable the bid.

Without getting into too much statistics, I would suggest to triple the number of conversions  from 30/30 (recommended by Google) to about 100 in 30 days.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’