AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do you pay for returning visitors in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to google analytics 63% of my visitors coming from google adwords (cost per click) are new visits. So 37% have already been to my site.

Do I need to pay for these clicks?

If yes, should I use the remarketing snippet (http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en&from=170449&rd=1) to stop paying again for those 37%?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do you pay for returning visitors in adwords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You do pay for returning clicks unless they are intentional clicks to with a malicious intent. I believe with the telemarketing snippet you will also pay for the returning clicks when the advertised  page gets clicked on by the re-marketed.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

You do NOT pay for returning visits unless they clicked again on your ad during a differentt AdWords session;

Read more:

Data Discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics on websites

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If yes, should I use the remarketing snippet (http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en&from=170449&rd=1) to stop paying again for those 37%?

That is a good idea, but it will only work if your campaigns is a display or a search AND display campaign.

Excluding audiences doesn´t work for search

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Good morning.

Moshe's post is correct and the only visitors you pay for are the ones who click on an ad. If someone clicks on an ad and comes to your site, then returns on a different day (without clicking on an ad), you do not pay for the second visit.

Remarketing is a completely different topic. Remarketing just another kind of display "network" you can advertise to--like choosing interest categories where the "category" is "people who have visited my website." It has nothing to do with the 37% of your visitors who currently find and visit your website without clicking on a paid ad.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*