AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do we need varaitions of BMM keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So does it make sense to have variations of BMM keywords or just one BMM keyword that covers all.

Example:

BMM Keywords

+red + sports +shoes

+football +sport +shoes

+baseball +sport +shoes

Or should I just have one BMM keyword 

+Sport +shoes

since this will catch all red, football and baseball sport shoes keywords,.

The only reason why I think it will be good to have many BMM match types is because I can find variation of each separately and move them to Exact campaign. 

What is the best way?

Re: Do we need varaitions of BMM keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Boney,

Do you need extra BMM's - NO
Should you use Extra BMM's - YES

You should also consider making sure you have proper Negative keywords, as well as how you are grouping these in either campaigns or Ad groups.

For best results ( ie Conversions), your Ad should represent your Keyword, Your landing pages should represent your keywords. CTR and Quality score matter.

I would say Exact Match Campaigns would lead to the best ROI, because you would be focusing on exactly what the consumer is requesting and bringing them to a landing page in which they could Buy/ Convert.

Hope that helps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It would really help in bidding if you have extra broad match modified keywords and thats the only advantage i see.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Boney P,

The unexpected result when adding BMM variations is finding out that various variations have different estimated Top Page bids. I would definetly add those BMM variations just to find out how much to bid for each one.

For example let's say that now you use +sports +shoes with a MaxCPC bid of 1.00 $ , are getting now an avg. pos of 4.1   and you discover that the top 3 variations that bring you traffic are those 3 new keywords. When you add then and you look at the "Estimated Top page bid" you may get the following results 

+red + sports +shoes       Estimated Top Page Bid = 1.2 $

+football +sport +shoes   Estimated Top Page Bid = 1.5 $

+baseball +sport +shoes Estimated Top Page Bid = 2.5 $

Now you know why your avg. pos is so low 4.1 , it is because your general bid for +sports +shoes does not perform equally well to all the variations , as each one has a different competition. If the competitors bid more for +baseball +sport +shoes , adding this variation with a higher bid helps you gain more impressions and clicks.

So manual bids and adding BMM variations go well together for the variations which require a higher bid than the intial BMM keyword made from fewer words.