5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do we have to run search ads on mobile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My mobile conversion rate is currently very low.

Do you HAVE to run mobile ads?

If, yes, is there a way round it, so spending much less on mobile ads.

thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do we have to run search ads on mobile?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Will P,

With mobile traffic increasing these days, Mobile devices are certainly a good area to concentrate. Have you checked if your website is mobile friendly? You can do so here.

My suggestion would be to optimize your website for mobile devices, then adjust bids on mobiles (to improve position) to see if there's a difference in the way users behave on your website.

Spending less on mobile devices can be done when you have a separate campaign, with very less keyword level bids and a high bid adjustment for mobiles. This would minimize desktop traffic but 100% elimination wouldn't be possible.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will P
October 2015

Re: Do we have to run search ads on mobile?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Will,

If you still find that mobile traffic isn't beneficial to your website after carrying out Sumanth's advice then yes, it's possible to exclude traffic for mobile devices. Go to the Settings tab of your campaign and then click on the Devices sub-tab, from here you will be presented with the three different device types. You will notice two hyphens in the mobile Bid adj. column, click on this, select Decrease by and then enter a value of 100. This will reduce all existing bids to 0 for mobile devices.

Untitled.png

Just bear in mind that it's not possible to stop incoming traffic from tablets.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Do we have to run search ads on mobile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I think you should compress your add and make its size small. Regards