AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do the keywords for device segmented campaigns compete against each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made two search campaigns for same product. One to run only on Desktop and the other on Mobile with same keywords and target Location. But my CTR and conversion dropped than the time when i was running only one campaign for both devices. My question is, does my keywords are competing with each on both campaigns? and please guide me that would it be right strategy to segment campaigns on device basis. and how the mobile campaigns ad copy could be different from desktop ad.

please guide.Highly appreciate your words

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hafeez Ul H
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Negative, @Hafeez Ul H, they do not compete. Searches made on mobiles and searches made on desktops are 100% different.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you create 2 campaigns by desktop and mobile to set a specific budget for desktop and a different amount for mobile? Or a different reason? 

All campaigns under the same MCC account are "equal advirtisers" to avoid  an advertisers from competing against themselves in the auction.  

-Julia

Re: Do the keywords for device segmented campaigns compete against each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Julia 

Million of thanks for your reply. Indeed it had two reasons

First of All,The impression on desktop was just 30% comapre to mobile traffic and my budget exhausted daily. I was uncertain that does high mobile traffic becomes the cause of low desktop traffic. so i seperate both campaign just to diagnose the reason for low desktop traffic

I want to optimzie mobile campaign according to mobile searches in terms of ad text, ad extension, ad path etc.

But my question still exist, does the keyword compete with each other, if a person search on Mobile and the other person search on Desktop?

waiting for your kind reply

regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hafeez Ul H
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Negative, @Hafeez Ul H, they do not compete. Searches made on mobiles and searches made on desktops are 100% different.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Lakatos. Now i am satisfied.God Bless you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Hafeez, 

The keywords do not compete against each other.

Even if 2 users are searching the same keyword on 2 different devinces are 2 seperate ad auctions. Each time an ad gets served is its own auction

(competition). In other words, it's impossible for a user to search a keyword on a mobile device get served an ad on a desktops.