AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do display network campaign keywords compete with search network campaign keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two campaigns running - one search and one display, for the same company. I want to use the same keywords for both campaigns as they describe the company's product the best.

Obviously on the display network campaign - the keywords are being utilized as one of the targeting options. I'm also targeting by a topic and an interest in addition to the keywords.

Are those separate campaigns' keywords going to compete with each other?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do display network campaign keywords compete with search network campaign keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Megan,

You are in the clear Smiley Happy the keywords will not conflict with each other.

Have a good day
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Megan J
May 2016

Re: Do display network campaign keywords compete with search network campaign keywords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Megan J;

Keywords on display work differently than on search

On display the keywords  work collectively to define a theme which is matched to web pages with similar content.

For every landing page matched one keyword is assigned to represt the theme. The click is attributed to this KW.

Hence, these are two different algorithms and the KWs do not compete.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’