AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do Low Volume Keywords Affect my Overall CTR?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a large number of Low Volume Keywords with a QA of 7+ . But I have doubt whether this will affect my Overall CTR which inreturn affect my CPC.

thanks in advance for your replies

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy T
September 2015

Re: Do Low Volume Keywords Affect my Overall CTR?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
If those low volume keywords bring clicks from time to time - my recommendation: keep them;
Let's say that you have 10 impressions and got 2 clicks - that's a CTR of 20%!, And if you had 1 impression that was clicked - -that's a CTR of 100%. ( It could happen)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Moshe for your reply.

Actually I have not got any impressions from that low volume keyword yet, I have maintained it on my account for about an week. In my account there are about 90% of only low volume keywords with no impression, and 5 % of keywords with some impression , others are keywords which give good impressions.

Please give me an advice such that it will increase my overall account CTR.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Billy,

Google defines low search volume keywords as keywords that generate very little search traffic on Google properties.
The low search volume keyword will be inactive until its search traffic increases, when the keyword can start triggering your ads to appear. It means these keywords are not generally searched by users. For example brand new keywords, longtail keywords.

In Low Search Volume keyword, if you are not getting any impression, it will not impact it on your campaigns quality score. If your campaigns LSV keyword receive but not getting clicks then it can impact your campaign quality score.

Please follow the below link for more info:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Delete-Low-Search-Volume-keywords-with-a-Qua...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Since there are large number of Low Volume Keywords... I will suggest to not use these keywords...As it will definitely effect CTR ....

The only case to keep these keywords is if you getting good clicks... and then conversions.....

Then Track which of these keywords are giving conversions...only keep those keywords...