AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Do I need to have many different campaigns, or just one campaigns with many different adgroups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I followed all the "new rules" for 2013 and started my AdWords campaign from scratch. I wrote close to 50 Ad Groups with an average of 5-10 keywords per group so each Ad is focused. Yes, my Avg. Pos is still a little over 3. I'm not advertising much on the display network as it is not effective for my business; is that affecting my position?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Do I need to have many different campaigns, or just one campaigns with many different adgroups?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi firejunkdawgs and welcome to the forum.

The answer to this question is really all about the features available at the different levels of Campaign and Ad Group.  Settings like Ad Scheduling and Location Targeting are only available at the Campaign level so if you want to control these (and other) elements, you'll need multiple Campaigns.  If you don't need any of the settings at the Campaign level to be different there's no real need to have more than one Campaign, however, you may still find it useful for organisational purposes or when promoting different aspects of your business.

For example, if you were an electrical goods retailer, although all your Campaign settings may be the same, you'd probably find it useful to have one Campaign for TVs, using Ad Groups for each brand/type and another for washing machines, microwaves, and so on.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits