2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Displayads not showing at all

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I understand why keyword ads may not be showing but I am primarily using displayads right now and since I excluded mobile users and set the bid to -100% my ads aren't showing at all, for pc or tablets even though I would like ads to target these demographics, what is the problem?

I have set restrictions as follows:

no ads in games/videos

parked domains

PG websites

mobile app

I made 4-5 displayads in total in two different sizes, some use subjects and others target ads by user interest, preliminary data suggest tens of millions weekly views. What am I missing?

Re: Displayads not showing at all

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Count d,

Are these new campaigns or were they receiving traffic before? If they are new, how long have they been active?

The first thing I would check are your bids. If these are new campaigns, I would also just check and make sure that your topics/interests are set up correctly and that your ads are approved.

Also, what ad sizes are you using? There may not be many sites using the ad sizes you've created.

Best,
Amy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
980x120 250x250 5 in total Ill add more today, I increased bids from 1 cent to 4 (1 cent was enough to qualify for worldwide displays but maybe its higher now that I restricted it to NA and GB only). They were receiving traffic on mainly on mobile but also on tablets and pc, I seem to have received 50 views 3 days ago and a handful 2 days ago but that's all the data there is, 4 days ago when no geographical or other restrictions were in place I received 125k views.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I hate to ask this but when you say NA and GB.. I assume you mean Great Britain and.. what does NA stand for? North America?

I think your ad sizes and your bids are restricting you.

980x120 is considered a regional ad used mostly in Norway in Sweden. 250x250 is fairly common but still not most common. Building out additional sizes should help. You can take a look at the display ad builder for some free creative. It works pretty well!

Your bid is very low. To be competitive, you'll probably need to boost it up to at least a dollar, if not two or three. You could still wind up paying less than a dollar, though.

I hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Makes sense Amy, thanks! will provide update when resolved

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Awesome, I'd love to hear how it works!

Here's a link that might be helpful. It's actually for Adsense publishers but I think it's handy anyway Smiley Happy

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6002621?hl=en