Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display url more than 35 characters in adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts

I have website keyword-keyword-keyword-area-city-st.com 40 characters and what i will put in display url it gives error 5 char extra. and according to google police display url and final url should be same. Please help me.

Thanks

Re: Display url more than 35 characters in adwords

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Lisa,

you can still send it to the account and display URL will be shortened.

• For the display URL, you can actually enter a longer URL, but it'll appear shortened when the ad is displayed.

See: Text ads

Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Alex,

It is giving an error -5

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Lisa, can you send here screeshot with your error?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Lisa,

Are you including www. in your display URL? It's been awhile since I've seen anyone have this problem but the last resolution that I remember was that they dropped the www. and the .com to make it fit and it was accepted. You may otherwise be able to abbreviate or remove one of the words to make it fit except that Google will probably flag you for an inaccurate display URL and you would have to request an exception.

All that said, I would use the link at the top right of this page and contact AdWords to see exactly what they would recommend. It's possible that they may be able to accept your URL as it is and show a shortened version with your ad. It's probably best to get their feedback directly before trying anything else.

Best,
Amy

Display url more than 35 characters in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

does anyone know if this is ture? 

i don't have to put the .com anymore?