3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display planner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is there any other way to find suitable placements apart for Display planner? Can we randomly add sites matching to our target audience?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display planner

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Kapil

If you know the sites which are related to your business/industry that you want to target, go ahead and add them as managed placements.

Does that make sense?

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Abhishek,

I have tried this, however, met with no success? Neither I received impressions nor clicks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil,

Since you are working on Google Adwords, so the highly recommended tool to get the placement ideas and other estimates would be Display Planner only. Honestly I am not sure about any other 3rd party tools for this Smiley Happy

Did you read this reference link about Targeting options we have in GDN: http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/manage-your-ads/targeting-tools.html

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
This happened with me as well with 2-3 particular sites. In that case, I added some generic relevant keywords in the ad group and change placement bidding option to "Target and bid".

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Abhishek,

I am following this bid option only. However, not getting any results. But do you think generic keywords help?

Regards,
Kapil M

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kapil,

I have had success getting clicks with the setting "viewable CPM" at a minimum bid and a targeting of keywords + topics also with managed placements. This settings allows you to pay for 1000 impressions ( not per click) but if the placements have visitors interested in what you sell, you could be getting clicks also. In theory this setting , bidding for CPM , is for branding purposes, not for getting clicks and leads.

The main advantage of this new bidding setting (viewable CPM)  is that even if the overall impressions are let's say 3000 ( some low on the page some up on the page) , if from those only 1000 meet the following criteria : 50% of the Ad at least 1 second on the screen , you only pay for those impressions which have been on the screen level. You could be seeing at the end of the day 10.000 impressions and on the billing tab only 5000 "viewable impressions" for which you paid.

All is described better here :

http://www.phillymarketinglabs.com/adwords-introduces-display-network-active-view-metrics/

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
They helped in my case, so i recommend you to try it atleast once, because for a account nothing can be more worse than not receiving the impressions.

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your feedback. However, my main intention is leads.