AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display network stopped spending. Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have an active Display Network campaign which has suddenly stopped spending.

I originally set the budget to £100 per day and the campaign was reaching the budget consistently. I upped the budget to £200 and it reached the budget again. A few days ago I upped the budget to over £1000 and it's now stopped spending.

For clarity's sake, my recent daily spend is as follows: (daily budget in brackets)

£210 (200)
£210 (200)
£400 (1000+)
£390 (1000+)
£250 (1000+)
£70 (1000+)
£10 (1000+)
£0 (1000+)
£0 (1000+)

£0 (1000+)

• I have made no changes to the campaign, it's just stopped spending.
  • There is plenty of budget on the account - this is not the issue.
  • The campaign's CTR is around 0.76% and the Relative CTR is 2.4x.
  • The campaign's Bid Strategy is set to Focus on Conversions and has consistently delivered at my set CPA.
  • The delivery method is, and has always been, set to Accelerated.

Why isn't it spending? What can I check and how can I fix it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display network stopped spending. Help!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alan,

Do you perhaps have a monthly budget/budget order for the month set up? This may have been reached and looks like it by the steep decline.

Do you have other campaigns running that are still going?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no monthly budget.

I have many other campaigns which are unrelated and running smoothly.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Alan,

Are you getting 0 impressions as well.

Can you run few checks below to see why is this happening.

#1 Check the campaign change history from “View campaign history” option available at Campaigns level in adwords. And check if any changes have been made accidently.

#2 Check if any automated rules are getting executed. You can check it from Bulk operations >> Automated Rules >> Manage rules >> Check the log here.

#3 Check what type of targeting was fetching more impressions/clicks from targeting options in Campaign. Eg if few placements were working better, compare the top performing placements. Repeat it for other types of targeting as well.

#4 Are you using shared budget and is budget is getting used for other campaigns.

#5 Check ad scheduling option

#6 Check the end date of the campaign if set to any date

#7 Check if ad status is still approved and are eligible to run

#8 Try moving from conversion optimizer to automatic bidding for one day and check whether ads are getting triggered

Good luck!

SJ

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Have you checked your ads? Are they still approved?

Any other change in the ad status? (Change from Approved to Approved Limited/non family/ adult)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello SJ,

#1 No campaign change history other than Budget increase
#2 "No rules defined"
#3 The campaign has no targeting set. It is broad bid across the entire Display Network. Some sources perform better than others but I am assuming that Google is doing the leg-work in selecting the best performing sources so that it means the set CPA
#4 No shared budget that I am aware of. I checked under Shared Library -> Budgets and it says "You haven't created any shared budgets yet"
#5 Ad scheduling is set 10am-midnight - this hasn't changed
#6 No end date set to the campaign
#7 Ad status are all still approved
#8 This I can do. The reason I was holding off on this was that I was finding a good deal of success from CPA and I didn't want to 'interrupt the rhythm' of the campaign (if that makes sense?)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Alan,

Are you getting absolutely 0 impressions for ads in the campaign since last 3 days.
Are ads schedules for all days of the week from 10am to mid night or restricted to few days of the week.

Spend has dropped from £390-400 to £0 and it remained like this for almost 3-4 days. I think you should try auto bidding atleast for 5-6 hrs. You can go back CPA setting as adwords will still have historical data. Also I assume CPA wasn't revised to quite low value as you mentioned, no changes were done.

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No impressions.
Ad schedule is 7 days a week.

I will try auto-bidding for the remainder of the day and report back.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Increase the bid.
Is this a seasonal product?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will dabble with the auto-bid and consider a bid increase but I am dealing with sensitive margins so that might not be too viable in the long-run.

No, the product is not seasonal.