Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display network quality score??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all

I'm preparing display exam. As I was reading, I came across Display Network & Quality Score topic (here's a link to Google Help page about it), and it mentioned that quality score is calculated also in Display campaigns.

So my question is, how to check that metric? I checked the "Display Network" tab then "Display Keywords" tab, and I couldn't find the quality score column, I also target "Topics" & "Interests" and it'd be nice to check their QS as well.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muhammad A
September 2015

Re: Display network quality score??

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Muhammad,

Just like the Search Network, Quality Score is calculated for Display Network as well. However, it isn't visible in the interface as a column you can add.

AdWords system considers relevance between targets (like topics, keywords, placements) and the landing page to determine this metric. Historic performance is also a factor. So more the relevance, better the quality score.
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muhammad A
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Muhammad,

Just like the Search Network, Quality Score is calculated for Display Network as well. However, it isn't visible in the interface as a column you can add.

AdWords system considers relevance between targets (like topics, keywords, placements) and the landing page to determine this metric. Historic performance is also a factor. So more the relevance, better the quality score.
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

To follow with Sumanth, Quality score across the display network is quite different than the search network. It first depends on your biding model, If you are bidding CPC, there are three factors used in determining the quality score:-

1- The relevance of the ad and the keywords in the ad group to a Display Network page.
2- The ad's performance history on a Display Network page and similar pages.
3- The quality of your ad's landing page.

If you are bidding CPM, the only factor is used to determine your quality score is the landing page quality, because you are paying for impressions not clicks , therefore the relevance factor doesn't come into play .

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Ahmed,

You're right bro!

I meant to say AdWords calculates quality score for GDN as well. I should've put it in a better way may be Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Your answer is right, I just added more information Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Muhammad A,

The QS for the DN is never shown at any time. It does exist and is used for placement of your ads.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords