AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display impressions suddenly plummeted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ad impressions suddenly stopped increasing. I am unable to know if this is because of lower search requests or my ad rank. I am unable to view my ad rank anywhere. Please help. 

I also need to understand the conversion tracking of which search phrase results in most clicks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Impressions stopped increasing, or impressions decreased? If your impression volume leveled out for a new account, then you have reached your potential impression share for the budget.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Conversions occur post-click. If you want to know which search terms triggered an ad that users clicked on, then check your search terms report.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @preethi n,

Tom does provide some helpful links to learn more about advertising performance, although it is for AdWords, not AdWords Express... so it might be a little harder for you to relate to it. This is still great info for you to read up on. 

1) I recommend connecting your AdWords Express account to Google Analytics

2) You should learn about the performance of your AdWords Express account by reviewing views, clicks, and calls. This will also help you see what actions are taking place and/or when they stopped. This will also help you know if ads are not working. 

3) Use Map Actions to understand more.

Do you have your ad set to run constantly? Do you have enough budget or are you running out? Sometimes searches just flatten out for a day and then pick back up, even when nothing is wrong. AdWords Express will only show your ads to searches it matches in your geo-targeted locations.

Please review and let us know how we can assist further.

Kind Regards,

James