AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display campaign

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I was running display campaigns in Africa on Display Campaigns Optimizer/CPA and i have applied one PPC Bid Management tool and removed CPA & DCO into Manual bidding and from last week my campaigns perfromance drastically down. Can any one suggest, how can i get my campaign performance back.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anand Kumar
September 2015

Re: Display campaign

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Anand K,
Have you tried putting your campaign back onto CPA & DCO? If you revert back to the original settings, the performance might bounce back after a few days.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, Go into your change history and revert any changes you made!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Anand K,
Have you tried putting your campaign back onto CPA & DCO? If you revert back to the original settings, the performance might bounce back after a few days.

Kathleen
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, Go into your change history and revert any changes you made!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Anand K,

When you say your campaign performance went down, are you talking about Impressions, clicks, conversions?

In any campaign there will be fluctuations, but the true measurement of success is ROI (return on Investment). So the key indicators should be Conversions Vs Ad Spend.

If you are just going for Clicks, or Impressions, the more is not necessary the merrier. Look at your data to see conversions and take that into account when making your decisions.

I personally prefer Manual bidding because I have a better control on Adspend and manage the conversions and ROI.

But as the others have suggested, revert back to the CPA & DCO method..

Good Luck

Eric G

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Looking forward to drafts as announced in April!

Often it is a good idea to duplicated ad groups and make changes to a copy - you can either run both or pause the original - just for this reason. It also helps to determine if the performance change is down to your changes or something external - like the World Cup - which probably has a lot of Africa preoccupied! (Not quite so England or Spain!).

It is also worthy of note that these particular types of bidding strategies often knock things out of whack for a few days - you might find that the situation stabilises once the system "understands" what you are trying to do..... I know that sounds like I think there is someone behind the curtain - I know there isn't ;-) - but it helps to explain how things often tend to behave.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for suggestions all of you and i will consider all the points and update you if the given suggestions works.

Thanks Again.

Anand