1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display campaign language targeting and how it works

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set my display campaign setting language to English however in the placements section I see Ads being placed on sites with languages other than English? I want to understand how Adwords targets websites based on language and also steps to ensure that ads are not displayed on languages other than English.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheikh T
September 2015

Re: Display campaign language targeting and how it works

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;
You cannot block "in bulk" all EN sites;
You could block individual ones (using managed placements).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sheikh,

Your ads might be shown on websites which are non-English may be because same users might have visited English websites before.

because

"On the Google Display Network, AdWords may look at the language of the pages that someone is viewing or has recently viewed to determine which ads to show. This means that we may detect the language from either pages that the person had viewed in the past, or the page that she is currently viewing."

You can refer more details about language targeting here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en

Hope this helps!
SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey SJ,

Appreciate it. I read this during my research (what you have stated above from Google) I was wondering whether there is a way to block non-English sites permanently like you can block apps by placing this url in campaign exclusions: adsenseformobileapps.com ; Do you know any such step that we can do and stop permanently any future ad placements on non-English sites?

best
Again Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheikh T
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;
You cannot block "in bulk" all EN sites;
You could block individual ones (using managed placements).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’