Guide Me
star_border

Display campaign ad organization

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,
I've created a display campaign, with one managed placement in each group, because each website is working quite well on conversion.

The main problem right now is that I have different "banner size" in each group, with different performance.

For example:

- Group Site1.com

-- AD #1 - 768x90

-- AD #2 - 250x250

-- AD #3 - 160x200

Hi there,
I've created a display campaign, with one managed placement in each group, because each website is working quite well on conversion.

The main problem right now is that I have different "banner size" in each group, with different performance.

For example:
- Group Site1.com
-- AD #1 - 768x90
-- AD #2 - 250x250
-- AD #3 - 160x200

Of course I can't compare the performance of different banner, because they have different size and, also if each of them are converting, the CTR%, Conversion Rate, Cost per Conversion, etc are different.

The question is: should I create different groups, one per each size? In this way I could have a better control on performance, but at the same time I'll have a more complicated campaign structure.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Segment and qualify your website visitors

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt S
October 2015

Re: Display campaign ad organization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Matt S;

I would definitely recommend that. Using different ad-groups for different banners would allow you to bid higher on the big banners.

Breaking them into "a banner per ad group" is too much work. I like to break into four:

Big, mid size, small, text ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’