AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display ads getting no impressions/clicks. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Search and Display campaign running as we speak. My search ads are getting a lot of impressions/clicks but my display ads are gettign neither. There's an option to bid for display ads, but I'm not able to figure it out. Can you please help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display ads getting no impressions/clicks. Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bugs U, welcome to the Community.

It's going to be difficult to diagnose your problem without some more information but we'll try and guide you there.  What sort of targeting are you using for the Display Network?  Are you using Keywords, Topics, Interests, etc.

Are your Ads approved?

Is this one single Campaign (not recommended) or one (or more) Campaign(s) for Search and one (or more) Campaign(s) for Display?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bugs U,

In my experience, the most common reasons are:

1. you display ads haven't yet been approved - keep in mind that display ads typically take a bit longer to get approved
2. if you've selected placements they might not be getting enough traffic themselves
3. if you're bidding on keywords alone, your themes may be too narrow - our AdWords rep usually recommends 10-30 keywords per Ad Group to allow Google to get a good idea of your contextual theme.

Hope that helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is it separate display only campaign? or both?

Display ads getting no impressions/clicks. Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We need more details to answer your question. 

There are comprehensive step by step guides out there. Try walking through it until you get to where you have the mistake. 

For example, is it a targeting issue? Is it a lack of keywords? Are they ads approved?