2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display add - lots of clicks but no conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI, basically I started running display ads and I am having a lot of clicks but barely any sessions on google analytics showing up and those that show up have an average page duration of 0. I have double checked the links on the ad and they are correct. 

my landing page is:

http://www.royoraa.com/#!clothin/jouds

My ad is very detailed, highlights the important parts, is simple and looks good

I just don't know what i should do, should i just end the campaign 

P.S i have also excluded all app games.......so that i don't waste clicks 

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display add - lots of clicks but no conversions

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Also check your ad placements, and look for sites with unusually high CTR (from more than 1 impression). It could be that the clicks aren't genuine.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

How long has the campaign been running? Normally I would suggest you run search ads optimized for conversions and display Ads for branding campaigns. I look for sites where there is 1 impression and 1 click/100% CTR and block those sites from serving my ads.

Your landing looks great Smiley Happy Could you post a screen shot of your ad? I'm curious about the time on page of 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check out the device report under segment tab. May be people are clicking on mobile devices on slow network.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Check the Placement report. If you notice a lot of "mobile" placements, then it's most likely clicks from within mobile apps.
You might want to exclude them with a special placement adsenseformobileapps.com.
Also, open up the site category option, in display targeting, and disable "in-game" and the experimental app option (at the bottom, forgot the name).

That might help.

If you just started a display campaign, and it's CPC (not CPA), then you are likely to get a lot of in-app clicks from mobile devices. (Those are different from browser clicks on mobile devices, which is just normal traffic.) So if you aren't targeting specific apps, then you might as well disable them completely.