5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display ad and placement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have been using display planner to get appropriate placement ideas for my display ad. However, I am not getting sufficient results with it. Is there any other strategy to get the right placements for the ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display ad and placement

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kapil Mudholkar,

Although many forum users may offer you different angles to this problem, I want to share my perspective.

When I do not know what placements will be profitable for a certain product or service , I create an ad group using as targeting keywords + 1 or 2 topics related to that product.

Then after a week , I can look at the placements report, and hopefully from a few hundred clicks I can take a decisions about what placements bring conversions and which should be excluded.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Can you please let me know what exactly your problem is?
Is it like you are not getting enough impressions and clicks on your placements that you have selected OR you are not abel to find much data for placements via Ad Planner.?

As per my knoweldge this may be due to restricted location targeting of your campaign or may be due to low CPC bids that you have set on placements.

Get back to us with your thoughts.

Hope this helps you somewhere!

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kapil,

It might happen that it take sometime to identify the right set of placements when you start working on Display Network. Please note that it's not like Search network where you can get instant results because of the nature of this network. Here users will not directly engage with your business and convert. Users here are constantly looking for the information and if they find something interesting, they might become customer for you later.

So, you will have to experiment with certain permutations and combinations like adding keywords relevant to your business and keeping an eye on them as if how they are performing or not. 

Including right set of topics, placements to look for the relevant domains related to your business. Also note that sometimes you might feel that the domain where your ad was displayed wasn't as relevant as you want, then you should look at the specific page where the ad was displayed. This would help you look at the further details and assist in more informed decisions.

I would also suggest you to review this help center reference for more info: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Pankaj