AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I want to disable Display Network - how do I do that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cangro,

Welcome to the community.

You will need to select the campaign you wish to disable the dispaly network on and then go to the Settings tab, under the General sub-section you will see Type, click Edit and then on the drop down menu you will be given options to select how your campaign runs.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cangro,

Welcome to the community.

You will need to select the campaign you wish to disable the dispaly network on and then go to the Settings tab, under the General sub-section you will see Type, click Edit and then on the drop down menu you will be given options to select how your campaign runs.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Hi. I have tried to do just that. I want to change from display network to search and display but it wont let me. The options stay greyed out when I go to edit. I have deleted my ad altogether and tried to start afresh but it wont let me change the campaign to a different network at all. Do i need to delete my account and start from the beginning?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Can you see the following when you go to the Settings tab?

AdWords Networks.png

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi there,

Scott's image seems not to be showing. You're maybe experiencing this issue if you set up as a 'display only' when it was a new campaign as this had a load of pre-set settings, and maybe these campaigns don't like being switched back to search.

I have never had this issue before, but can I suggest that if it isn't working for you in the interface, that you download AdWords Editor (free) and try to do it from there? That usually works for me when the interface is being difficult.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

As an addendum to my previous post, if you do use the AdWords Editor, here are the instructions:

1. Click on campaign tab

2. Select the campaign you wish to exclude the display network in

3. On the display network dropdown list in the lower half of the screen, select 'disabled' and then select your preference from the search network dropdown list just above it

hope that helps

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+