AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network for managed placement sites.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I want to create a seperate campaign for Display Network and run ads on selected placements (managed) sites. Please suggest me the settings which will profitable for me.

Does automatic placement works if we run together?

Please give suggetions.

Thanks,.

Re: Display Network for managed placement sites.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rick85,

Yes, you would need to create seperate campaign of Display Network.

It is also advisable to run your Managed and Automatic placement campaign seperately since your settings will override the placement method selection that you choose.

• For the campaign on the Managed placement, you need to select the setting: Display Network - Specific reach
  • For the campaign on the Automatic placement, you need to select the setting: Display Network - Broad reach

Hope this helps.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Neeti for good suggestion.

Let me Know one thing, does keywords works for both placements (manage and auto)? if it is so how many keywords should i choose for both method.  

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Rick,

Yes keywords are work for both auto and manage. Keywords are depend upon your services/product i suggest you to use keyyword suggestion tool and contextual targetting tool via these you can choose many keywords.

Hope this Helps !

Regards

-Vicky

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi rick85,

There is no limit for adding keywords. However make sure that the ad groups for each of your campaigns are organized by the products or services that you offer.  Then, you can create ads related to those keywords, which we can show to customers when they're on websites related to your products or services.

Use this link for more details

Raghu

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick85,

In my opinion, more than number of keywords the stress should be on clearly defining the theme of the ad group.

This will help Google algorithm to accurately place ads on pages which are highly relevant to your ad group's theme.

Also, I think that ad groups with theme defined by keywords which are broad/generic in nature (For eg., TV price) should have more keywords but for specific/niche ad group theme, few keywords would do (For eg., Sony TV Price Chicago)

To put it simply, an ad group belonging to Display network should have 5-15 keywords.

But yes, exceptions are always there.

Hope this will be of some help to you!

~Rehan

~Rehan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rick85
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks to all for your suggestions..

Hope it will works.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rick85,

For display network, make sure that the themes (ad groups) are as tightly built as possible. Say for example you sell sports merchandise. In search you can have:

• Campaign = shoes > Ad group = nike > Keywords = nike shoes, nike training shoes, nike running shoes

For display you should not. For a simple reason that google contextually places your ads. That is it maps your keywords to the content of the pages. So in display if you have keywords like 'nike shoes', 'nike training shoes', 'nike running shoes', they will not work well for you. The reason for the same is that there will be less probabilitty of a page talking about all these three themes. So for display network, your keywords should be as tightly knit as possible.

Now lets get to the working:

• Automatic placements: Here all you do is create a campaign, with ad group containing keyword and ads. Google will place your ads based on the keyword themes. Setting for this will be Broad reach.
  • Managed Placement: Here you can have two types:
  1. Placments: Here you have camapigns, with ad group containing placements and ads. Google will place your ads on the placements you pick.
  2. Keywords & Placments: Here you have campaigns, with ad group containing placement, keywords and ads. Google will place your ads on the pages of the placements based on your keyword themes. For example if you have picked 'blogspot.com' as your placement and your keyword themes are 'nike shoes', 'shoes by nike', 'new nike shoes', etc. then you ads will only be shown on the blog pages which talk about nike shoes.

Settings for both the type of managed placement would be Specific reach.

Hope I make sense and this helps you out Smiley Happy

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn