Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network - Targeting specific personas with placement and demographics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm doing a bit of research into the Google Display Network. I can see how powerful it is and it is described as being able to "help you find the right audience across millions of websites. It lets you be strategic and put your message in front of potential customers at the right place and the right time."

I understand you control the placement of your ad by using the following targeting types:

1. Topics - The type of website a user is on

2. Interests - Ads show for users with specific interests

3. Placement - Specific websites you know your target market reside on

4. Keywords - Use keywords and google will place advert on sites with content loosely based on them

5. Demographics

My question is if I have the following target audience

- Landlords aged between 50 - 60

- Tenants aged between 20 - 30

and they both frequently use a rental website but for different purposes. Can I run 2 ads and target each seperately? So for example...

If landlord is on the rental website they see a banner ad with something like "Own a property? Want to rent it, buy cheap furniture!"

If tenant is on the rental website they see a banner ad with something like "Just moved in? Need a bed, buy it here!"

So in the above case the placement is the same website "www.propertyireland.ie" but the ads vary depending on the user whose looking at it. 

Hope that makes sense and appreciate any input!

Thanks,

Jack 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jack,

Yes you can do this. You would just need to create two ad groups to represent the two unique audiences. Doing this allows you to show different ads for each audience. Here is how the audiences would be setup for each ad group:

Ad group 1: Landlords aged between 50 - 60, placement= www.propertyireland.ie, (ads= landlord ads only)

Ad group 2: Tenants aged between 20 - 30, placement= www.propertyireland.ie (ads= tenant ads only)

Hope that helps, let me know if there are more questions.

Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Back then I wrote an article for those exploring the display network;

Display Network - How many Targeting Methods to choose?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’