AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Network 100% Click Through Rates

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

In the process of optimizing a display campaign and am wondering how others may handle this.

Targeting an in market segment and I noticed that I'm getting 100% click through rates and no conversions. Not a lot but they are generally 1 impression and 1 click. I go in and block those sites from displaying my ads.

Is there a point in which I should be blocking sites say from 100 % click through rates to 65% click through rates? I'm curious on how others might optimize the placements.

Display network.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Troy M
May 2016

Re: Display Network 100% Click Through Rates

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
You don't have enough data. If you do exclude these sites with only 1 impression, then for all you know you could be excluding placements that will eventually have an above average conversion rate. I wouldn't even bother with these placements one way or the other, and focus on areas of higher cost, or greater return.
Tom

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You have clicked top of CTR option to show data max to min, that's why able to see 100% CTR data at first. You need not to worry for maximum CTR just analyze the placements sites are relevant or not. Also I will suggest you to find user's behavior and insights what they do after landing to your site. Have you targeted your ads to relevant audiences.

Thanks
Vivek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Troy M
May 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
You don't have enough data. If you do exclude these sites with only 1 impression, then for all you know you could be excluding placements that will eventually have an above average conversion rate. I wouldn't even bother with these placements one way or the other, and focus on areas of higher cost, or greater return.
Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I actually take a look at the site and if i dont like it will block 1 to 1 site.