2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display, LandingPage, Final URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm promoting a Facebook Page (outside of FB)  with adwords for client "example.com"

The adwords ad will point to a landing page, prior to going into Facebook. 

Is this the best structure for the ad?

Display URL.................Facebook.com

Destination URL (LP).....example.com/landing.page.name

Final URL.....................facebook.com/<facebook.page.name>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display, LandingPage, Final URLs

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your Displayed URL and your Destination URL should be the same. That's it !

Deliberate actions to decive AdWords and/or Searchers can lead to (permanent) suspencion

Re: Display, LandingPage, Final URLs on FaceBook

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello MisterM; Welcome to AdWords community;

We discussed a similar question (a few months ago), on the pros and cons of using AdWords to advertise FB pages. I strongly urge, to read the link below before you proceed.

Using AdWords with Facebook

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll read the link.  There's certainly no deception here, the client's a major company, launching a targeted Facebook Page as a resource for consumers.  I was under the impression it was better to go to a landing page first and then go to Facebook, but I can certainly just point it directly into Facebook. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV: I just read the thread you posted, and as it turns out that's actually the thread I read originally a month ago when we started planning the media buy, and thought I understood it. But now I'm a bit more confused. Here's the part that made me think I needed a landing page rather than pointing directly into Facebook....: " Please note: You may use your Facebook page as a landing page on AdWords. But, that isn't recommended: .Google allows only one display URL among all sponsored ads shown on the same page,  (i.e. you cannot have more than one Facebook.com/xxx among all ads shown on the same page). If you use facebook.com/yyy, as your landing page, you might find yourself competing against "deep pocket" advertisers, willing to bid significantly higher for getting impressions of an ad with the "prestige" display URL  facebook.com/zzz.

Has this changed, or is there other thinking on this?  There's no deception involved , nor do I want any suspicion of such. We'll be advertising inside Facebook too, but I want to extend into other non-FB media to compliment the buy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello MisterM;

I checked again at the policy :

As per the double serving : No change:

• " This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly owned company from appearing on the same search results page."
  • Further down the page Google explains what's a "Common Ownership" : Common ownership occurs when the same entity, whether an individual or a business, owns or controls one or more of the sites in question at the time of multiple ad serving

I think FB falls into this. Furthermore, in its guide for affiliates Google says "We'll only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL".  (Though FB is not affiliate - the rule still applies)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’