AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display, LandingPage, Final URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm promoting a Facebook Page (outside of FB)  with adwords for client "example.com"

The adwords ad will point to a landing page, prior to going into Facebook. 

Is this the best structure for the ad?

Display URL.................Facebook.com

Destination URL (LP).....example.com/landing.page.name

Final URL.....................facebook.com/<facebook.page.name>

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Display, LandingPage, Final URLs on FaceBook

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello MisterM;

I checked again at the policy :

As per the double serving : No change:

• " This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly owned company from appearing on the same search results page."
  • Further down the page Google explains what's a "Common Ownership" : Common ownership occurs when the same entity, whether an individual or a business, owns or controls one or more of the sites in question at the time of multiple ad serving

I think FB falls into this. Furthermore, in its guide for affiliates Google says "We'll only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL".  (Though FB is not affiliate - the rule still applies)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Display, LandingPage, Final URLs

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your Displayed URL and your Destination URL should be the same. That's it !

Deliberate actions to decive AdWords and/or Searchers can lead to (permanent) suspencion

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello MisterM; Welcome to AdWords community;

We discussed a similar question (a few months ago), on the pros and cons of using AdWords to advertise FB pages. I strongly urge, to read the link below before you proceed.

Using AdWords with Facebook

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll read the link.  There's certainly no deception here, the client's a major company, launching a targeted Facebook Page as a resource for consumers.  I was under the impression it was better to go to a landing page first and then go to Facebook, but I can certainly just point it directly into Facebook. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV: I just read the thread you posted, and as it turns out that's actually the thread I read originally a month ago when we started planning the media buy, and thought I understood it. But now I'm a bit more confused. Here's the part that made me think I needed a landing page rather than pointing directly into Facebook....: " Please note: You may use your Facebook page as a landing page on AdWords. But, that isn't recommended: .Google allows only one display URL among all sponsored ads shown on the same page,  (i.e. you cannot have more than one Facebook.com/xxx among all ads shown on the same page). If you use facebook.com/yyy, as your landing page, you might find yourself competing against "deep pocket" advertisers, willing to bid significantly higher for getting impressions of an ad with the "prestige" display URL  facebook.com/zzz.

Has this changed, or is there other thinking on this?  There's no deception involved , nor do I want any suspicion of such. We'll be advertising inside Facebook too, but I want to extend into other non-FB media to compliment the buy.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello MisterM;

I checked again at the policy :

As per the double serving : No change:

• " This policy, known as "double serving," prevents multiple ads from the same or commonly owned company from appearing on the same search results page."
  • Further down the page Google explains what's a "Common Ownership" : Common ownership occurs when the same entity, whether an individual or a business, owns or controls one or more of the sites in question at the time of multiple ad serving

I think FB falls into this. Furthermore, in its guide for affiliates Google says "We'll only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL".  (Though FB is not affiliate - the rule still applies)

-Moshe