AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Impression Share almost always <10%, is that bad?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

All of those are display only campaigns. I almost always see display impression share <10%, not because of the budget limits but because of rank.

Very rarely I have campaigns with display share of 13-15%. And that's mostly with remarketing lists or audiences of some sort.

But for display keyword targeted campaigns (my main traffic drivers), it's always <10%.

And it's not a matter of getting just a few clicks. I might have a  campaign that gets me 4000 clicks per day in a smallish niche, and still I see impression share <10%.

I see the same with three accounts in three different markets. Three different projects.

I always thought this happens because the display network is huge. And I never worried about it.

But some time ago, I came across a discussion where someone mentioned that his "display impression share has fallen below 80%." And others were replying with ways to fix it.

This seemed crazy to me considering my own experience of always seeing <10%.

Do you guys and girls normally see higher display impression share?

Do I need to worry about it or think about ways of raising it? Am I missing out on something important (in terms of overall performance) by structuring my campaigns in a way that always gets me <10% share?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Impression Share almost always <10%, is that bad?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@bcc1357

If you're happy with the impressions/clicks/results you are getting, I wouldn't worry about it.

It's all relative to how broad or narrow your targeting is, plus the fact that your ads have a different quality score for each site on the network. Another variable at play would be frequency capping, or the lack thereof .

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I would say <10% for display is the norm - Unless your campaign and adgroup targeting settings are highly restricted and you have a large enough budget.
For example: If I am targeting as minimum a size remarketing list as possible, only on specific (if settings available) devices, only to one gender/age/parental status, only on specific placements, in as small of a geographic area as possible, then I may be able to reach 100% of the potential impression share. Maybe. Smiley Happy

Tom

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Removed

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Apparently, hell just froze over! Smiley Happy
Tom