AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Campaign Optimization Statergy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Please share the display campaign optimization  statergy.

we are facing trouble in display campaign as Cpc is twice on placements as campared to Google search.

Our display campign is not fully consumed on daily basis depite high postion.

we are using above the fold  & impressions controlls functions but it is not help us at all.

Kindely help.

Kind regards,

Addy

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Display Campaign Optimization Statergy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Addy_SEM,

In addition to Moshe's suggestions, here is a great thread about the Display Network and some suggested best practices.

Best Practice: Google Display Network and contextual targeting

Also, if you run a search here for 'Display Network' you'll find many more threads that could contain relevant information for you.

Often, the costs associated with Google's Display Network can be higher than those on the Search Network.

Also, it's not mentioned but having GDN campaigns that are separate from Search Campaigns definitely allow for more control and offer more opportunities for optimization.

The most effective thing you can do is to manage your placements.  If you look at the Display Network tab, in the placements category, you'll be able to add certain placements to a negative list and/or add specific placements that you would like to target.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Addy:

Performances and optimization of campaigns have been discussed in dozens (if not hundreds) of discussions. Many of them were summarized into WIKIs (measure results) . Start there

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Addy_SEM,

In addition to Moshe's suggestions, here is a great thread about the Display Network and some suggested best practices.

Best Practice: Google Display Network and contextual targeting

Also, if you run a search here for 'Display Network' you'll find many more threads that could contain relevant information for you.

Often, the costs associated with Google's Display Network can be higher than those on the Search Network.

Also, it's not mentioned but having GDN campaigns that are separate from Search Campaigns definitely allow for more control and offer more opportunities for optimization.

The most effective thing you can do is to manage your placements.  If you look at the Display Network tab, in the placements category, you'll be able to add certain placements to a negative list and/or add specific placements that you would like to target.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In general its a few simple rules:

Test & Tweak

Try different placement types

Have the right Call to Action

And of course "Always Measure the Results".

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
HI Addy,

Can you possibly share more about what you are trying to market?

Are you looking for direct sales?

Leads?

Brand Awareness?

Can you tell us something about your target audience? who they are?

Maybe placements is not the way to go...or the only way...maybe topics or interests or remarekting or combinations of those with keywords for more control?

The Display Network is very vast these days and if we know more about the goals of your DN advertising we can probably give you some better advice Smiley Happy

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I'm reading correctly you are running on a CPM model. But your CPM is so expensive and your CTR is so low that you get a high CPC.

Try switching and testing different creatives that will allow you get a higher CTR.

For Example:

Let's say your CPM is $5.00 if you only get 2 clicks then thats $2.50 cents a click. But if you get 10 clicks your only at $.50 cents per click.

What I have learned from display is that CTR is king. The higher the CTR the lower your CPC if you are bidding on a CPM basis.

I am new here to the community and I spend a lot of time in the Display World. I am just sharing from my experience.

I hope that helped.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kim,

Manny thanks for reply,

we are targeting  softwares through google display network.

final objective is to get sales.

We are targeting high trafic sites download.com,softpedia.com where cpc is quite high as compared to Google serach.

Regards,

Addy