AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display Ads only Mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Please I have a display campaign and I want my ads to show Only in Mobile even I put banners dedicated to mobiles, but still showing on computers.

Please advise.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Display Ads only Mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fatima,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You will need to set device targeting to be able to target only mobile devices on Display Network. Click your Campaign Name and go to Settings. Now scroll down to bottom and expand Device Targeting - 

device-targeting.png

More information can be found here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722028?hl=en

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fatima,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

You will need to set device targeting to be able to target only mobile devices on Display Network. Click your Campaign Name and go to Settings. Now scroll down to bottom and expand Device Targeting - 

device-targeting.png

More information can be found here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722028?hl=en

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan Jha,

Thanks for your explanation. It looks like this lets you select mobile and tablet devices. Is there any way to only select mobile devices from this list and exclude tablet? Besides manually researching every single device model listed and only selecting the mobile ones?

Thanks,
Josh

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Josh,

There's no direct method to exclude tablets specifically, but reading this thread can be helpful to you. Give it a read. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same thing here, I am trying to run a display campaigns on GDN and direct the user to a mob app to download, still can't exclude computer users.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Dana,

Why don't you run a mobile app specific campaign? It is more likely to serve your goal better. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dana A,

For your purpose, you can select the new " “Mobile app installs” campaign" , as described here 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6032059?hl=en

"With "Mobile app installs" campaigns on the Search and Display Networks, and "TrueView for mobile app promotion" on YouTube, you can create custom app install ads that run exclusively on phones and tablets."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Already did, but am trying to reach users who aren't using their mobile
application. users on different websites.