Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Display 1 Ad/Pageview

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone 

I'm trying to find a setting in which I can display only 1ad/pageview. Right now we have multiple display ads shown on the same page. The below image shows what I'm talking about. 

Thanks a bunch! First time poster but excited to be part of this community. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display 1 Ad/Pageview

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nicole D,

Do you have the same ad in more than one AdGroup with similar targeting? I'm really not absolutely sure, but I think that's how this happens.

You could set frequency capping at 1. That would restrict impressions to one per person per day. That might not be what you're after, and it would only work if both ad groups are in the same campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Nicole D

As Pete mentioned, this could happen if you use a strategy of one ad per ad-group and you bid differently on each banner size.

I personally like this  strategy, and recommend it,  since by adjusting the bids, you could have your ads win more than one  position, and show "presence" on the page. With today's wide display monitors of 27" and above, I see this as an advantage. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is only one Ad Group with display ads, however this does inspire us to perhaps create different ad groups if we wanted this to intentionally happen.

Thank you for your response. I sent it over to the team and we are mediating on next steps. This was very helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, this is interesting because if we did want two ads of different sizes to take over a page, this would be how to do it. Right now this isn't our tactic however at a later date this information will be very helpful.

Thank you.